I eat a high raw vegan diet of fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
I make sure my diet is high in green leaves and other greens. I eat a large salad everyday. I try to eat up to 1lb of raw greens each day. My focus is very much on raw food and I can go for days without eating anything cooked. I eat low histamine. Please note that is “low” and not “no” histamine. I reckon some histamine has to be good for me!
The cooked food I eat consists of steamed greens again 1lb (If I don’t manage this then I add more raw greens to my diet) and maybe other vegetables and veggie soups and stews. I also eat lentils and some beans raw and sprouted but also I eat cooked beans and lentils. I make a mean chocolate brownie from black beans!
I eat about 1 -2 oz of nuts and seeds and a tablespoonful of linseed (flax) a day.
I supplement with vitamin B12 and am currently taking Dr Fuhrman’s Gentle Care which is his multivitamin which includes B12 as I seem to tolerate it.
My diet may not sound appetising to you but I can assure you I consider now that I eat a wonderfully tasty and varied diet. I have adapted so many recipes. There is not much I cannot make into something I love.
I drink water, green tea, coconut water, herbal tea. I think that is all!
Because I am always being asked, Here is a list what I do not eat and drink:
- sodas / soft drinks (I drink sparkling water)
- tea, apart from green tea,
- fermented products such as vinegar ( I do occasionally add a tiny amount as salad dressing)
- sugar, so sweets, candies, cakes, doughnuts, and biscuits
- artificial sweeteners
- maple syrup etc (If I want to sweeten something I use fruit or a medjool date)
- processed foods
- commercially dried fruits unless organic – as they tend to be dried with a sulphite to which I react adversely
- cereals other than porridge made with water,
- breads (yeast and chemicals such as preservatives),
- yeast, so no yeast extract ( it used to be a love of mine!)
- peanut butter
- some fruits – such as kiwis as I react to them
- eggplant /aubergine as I react to it
- some nuts such as cashews
- spinach although i will add a little to my salad
- chard as I react to it